Monday, February 9, 2009

Women are from Mars and men are from WHERE???

I probably should be spending this time that I am blogging either writing in my journal or emptying the dishwasher (both of which, desperately need to be done). But this is quicker and much more fun. First off, can I just say that I ate half of a pan of s'more bars today. It's pretty much the equivalent of half a stick of butter, 8 graham crackers, half a bag of mini marshmallows, half a can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 cup of chocolate and butterscotch chips. I pretty much want to hurl, but for some reason I keep going back for more. I am completely sabotaging myself and every pound that I have lost recently. And I can't even help it. Sigh...

In the spirit of Valentine's Day I thought I would write a little ditty about my husband and our wonderful contract that I call marriage. Here are some things that make me love my husband even more...

1. Over the course of the past four years I have asked Brian on many occassions to go start the car 10 minutes earlier then when we have to leave to "warm it up." When I get out to the car and get in, the car has been started but it is still FREEZING inside. I look at the control panel and the heat isn't even on. I am then annoyed, but don't say anything, and then turn the heater on myself and wait ten mintutes for my feet to thaw out. This happened again a few days ago and I finally lost it. I clarified to Brian that when i mean "warm it up", I mean to turn the heater on so the interior of the car is warm (I said it in a much nicer way of course). AND THIS IS THE KICKER... He honestly had thought this ENTIRE TIME that I was being "car saavy" (his words, not mine) and I really just intended to warm up the car engine so that it would run better. WHO CARES ABOUT THE ENGINE WHEN MY TOES ARE ABOUT TO FALL OFF!?!?!?!!! You ladies might want to clarify this with your husbands...

2. Brian does not understand why I can watch reruns of "What Not to Wear" everyday while I eat my lunch when I've seen those episodes before (in the same way I don't understand how he can listen to political talk radio all day long). But nevertheless he'll sit with me and eat his lunch too and comment about how "those pants totally don't flatter her thighs." I love him.

3. He is just SO CUTE when he is leaving for school and has his backpack on. I'll post a picture some day.

4. He totally puts up with my decorating whims and party planning themes. He listens intently as I describe to him an array of invitation designs or lighting options for a room. He just goes along with it. He's the best.


There are many more reasons why I love him, but I want to go watch "jon and kate plus 8" and it starts in 2 mintutes. Priorities, priorities.

3 comments:

Rozsika Steele said...

I hate John and Kate. They are always bickering...

Anonymous said...

I must be a bit of a man cuz I thought you meant 'warm the engine up' too! Yikes..I need to take girl classes! You are right tho- if its cold out- wouldn't it be nice to at least bump the heat button..??
I love what not to wear!!! I haven't seen it in forever..we don't get that channel anymore and its probably better..it leaves more time for me to eat my whole pan of smores ;)

smeltzer family said...

lol oh melissa you make me laugh!