Saturday, October 4, 2008

Transformers: More than meets the eye.


I have a very fulfilling life. My days are filled with taking care of my adorable kids, kissing my sexy husband, and cleaning my beautiful home. One of the things I look most forward to each day... transformers. Oh, this is not a game in our house. It is very serious. Calvin spends every last penny of his allowance on Transformers, and in turn, it is what I find myself playing every afternoon. Like I said, this is very serious. It is scripted. Calvin tells me everything I am supposed to say (it makes it very easy). So, take this evening for example. Here I am sitting on the family room floor with Kameron in my lap and "Cross Hairs" in my hand (I could write a whole other blog on the names they give transformers). "Air Raid- I thought you were a decepticon" Calvin tells me to say. I repeat. "No, of course not, I'm an autobot" "Let's transform and roll out..." and here comes the BEST PART. The Transformer transforming sound effects. This is taken me a long time to figure out how to do. "Wha-ch-chi-chu". This whole last year has seriously been filled with "MOM! NO! That's NOT how you do it!" With an eye roll Calvin usually whips the transformer out of my hand and does the sound effects for me. I think it's a chromosome that males already have that gives them this ability, us females on the otherhand, it takes a little bit longer. But I finally got it! So, here I am "Wha-ch-chi-ing" and I have come to realize I have not even a clue how to even begin the 20 steps to transform the guy. Meanwhile- 'Air Raid' is off destroying the city and Kameron is drooling all over 'Cross Hairs.' I fumble around trying to transform him for about 2 minutes before Calvin comes to look at my non-progress. "MOM! YOU AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT!!" He'll thank me someday...

2 comments:

smeltzer family said...

as I am reading this, I am laughing hard (but quietly because Noah is napping!). I can already see Noah being like this because although he can't say much he will come to me and play and I try to do it like "dad does" but I don't do it right so he goes to aaron. so funny.

Melissa

Groverfam said...

that is so cool that you even try- I give up within 30 seconds- however I did play monster trucks yesterday and well- I am laughing- knowing that I am not the only one who has to do something like this.